This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal data when you use our Service and the choices you have associated with that data.
We use your data to provide and improve the Service. By using the Service, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
- Personal Data means data about a living individual who can be identified from those data (or from those and other information either in our possession or likely to come into our possession).
- Usage Data is data collected automatically either generated using the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
- Cookies are small pieces of data stored on your device (computer or mobile device).
- Data Processors (or Service Providers) means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Data Controller. We may use the services of various Service Providers to process your data more effectively.
- Data Subject (or User) is any living individual who is using our Service and is the subject of Personal Data.
INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service to you.
TYPES OF DATA COLLECTED
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Contact telephone number
- Job function
- Company name
- Cookies and Usage Data
- Geolocation data
We may use your Personal Data to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by replying “unsubscribe”.
We may also collect information how the Service is accessed and used (“Usage Data”). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Cookies are files with small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Tracking technologies also used are beacons, tags, and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyze our Service.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
Examples of Cookies we use:
- Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our Service.
- Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
USE OF DATA
ASTRAIA TECHNOLOGY uses the collected data for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Service
- To notify you about changes to our Service
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so
- To provide customer support
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Service
- To monitor the usage of our Service
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
- To provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services, and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information
- To respond to requests for pricing
- To respond to requests for demos of our software
- To respond to general enquiries
- To route your requests to the correct team for your territory
LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING PERSONAL DATA UNDER GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION (GDPR)
ASTRAIA TECHNOLOGY may process your Personal Data because:
- We need to perform a contract with you
- You have given us permission to do so
- The processing is in our legitimate interests, and it’s not overridden by your rights
- For payment processing purposes
- To comply with the law
- We need to fulfill a legal or regulatory obligation
RETENTION OF DATA
ASTRAIA TECHNOLOGY will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
TRANSFER OF DATA
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country, or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
We provide the following safeguards for the transfer of personal data to comply with data protection regulations in different countries.
Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
We enter into Standard Contractual Clauses with our sub-processors who are not based in the EU and to whom we will transfer personal data belonging to EU data subjects. We also perform a due diligence process to confirm that our sub-processors have implemented organisational and technical controls proportionate to risk related to the processing that they perform on our behalf.
We also offer our customers the opportunity to enter into Standard Contractual Clauses with us to legitimise their personal data transfers to us.
Under South Africa’s Protection of Personal Information Act (POPIA)
The purpose of personal data transfers to our entities and Service Providers outside of South Africa is for the performance of the contract that we have with you.
DISCLOSURE OF DATA
DISCLOSURE FOR LAW ENFORCEMENT
Under certain circumstances, ASTRAIA TECHNOLOGY may be required to disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
ASTRAIA TECHNOLOGY may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of ASTRAIA TECHNOLOGY
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
- To protect against legal liability
SECURITY OF DATA
The security of your data is important to us but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
“DO NOT TRACK” SIGNALS UNDER CALIFORNIA ONLINE PRIVACY PROTECTION ACT (CALOPPA)
We do not support Do Not Track (“DNT”). Do Not Track is a preference you can set in your web browser to inform websites that you do not want to be tracked.
You can enable or disable Do Not Track by visiting the Preferences or Settings page of your web browser.
YOUR DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS UNDER GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION (GDPR)
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. ASTRAIA TECHNOLOGY aims to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your Personal Data.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or to delete the information we have on you. Whenever made possible, you can access, update or request deletion of your Personal Data directly within your account settings section. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact us to assist you.
- The right of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data.
- The right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information.
- The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information we have on you in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
- The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where ASTRAIA TECHNOLOGY relied on your consent to process your personal information.
Please note that we will ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).
The EDPS is the EU’s independent data protection authority. You can find information regarding the process to complain at this link: https://edps.europa.eu/data-protection/our-role-supervisor/complaints_en If you are based in the UK, you can find information about the process to complain at this link: https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/
YOUR DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS UNDER THE AUSTRALIAN PRIVACY PRINCIPLES (APP)
If you are a resident of Australia, you have certain data protection rights. ASTRAIA TECHNOLOGY aims to take reasonable steps to allow you to exercise your data protection rights. In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access and update the information that we have on you. Whenever made possible, you can access and update your Personal Data directly within your account settings section. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact us for assistance. You can do so by using the “How to exercise your rights as a data subject” guidance below.
- The right to complain about the processing of your Personal Data. You can do so by using the “How to exercise your rights as a data subject” guidance below. We will investigate and respond to all complaints within 30 days of receipt thereof. If you wish to lodge a complaint with the regulator, you can find information regarding the process at this link: https://www.oaic.gov.au/privacy/privacy-complaints/
- The right to opt out of Marketing communications. You can do so by using the opt out facility provided by each communication.
YOUR DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS UNDER SOUTH AFRICA PROTECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION ACT (POPIA)
If you are a resident of South Africa, you have certain data protection rights. ASTRAIA TECHNOLOGY aims to take reasonable steps to allow you to exercise your data protection rights. In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to be notified that your personal information has been accessed or acquired by an unauthorised person. In the event that your personal
- The right to request access to the personal information that we have on you. Whenever made possible, you can access your Personal Data directly within your account settings section. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact us for assistance. You can do so by using the “How to exercise your rights as a data subject” guidance below.
- The right to request correction, destruction or deletion of your personal information. Whenever made possible, you can correct or request deletion of your Personal Data directly within your account settings section. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact us to assist you.
- The right to object, on reasonable grounds relating to your situation, to The right not to be subject to a decision based solely on the basis of automated processing of your personal information for the purpose of creating a profile of you. We do not make decisions about you based on automated processing.
- The right to submit a complaint to the regulator. You can contact the regulator in South Africa at this address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The right to institute civil proceedings regarding the alleged interference with protection of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
- The right to object to the processing of your personal information. You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data.
- The right to object to the processing of your personal information for direct marketing. You can do so by using the opt out facility provided by each communication.
HOW TO EXERCISE YOUR RIGHTS AS A DATA SUBJECT
Should you wish to exercise your rights under the GDPR or other privacy regulations for your country, you may do so by sending a request to email@example.com We will respond to your request with instructions for processing your request. Please do not send personal information to us via this email address. We will provide a secure platform for this purpose.
CONSEQUENCES OF WITHDRAWING CONSENT
Should you wish to withdraw your consent to the processing of your data, we will fulfill your request, however, please be aware that by doing so, we may not be able to continue to provide you with the services stipulated in the contract.
CONSEQUENCES OF NOT PROVIDING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
You may choose not to provide your personal data, however please be aware that by doing so, we may not be able to continue to provide you with the services stipulated in the contract.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service (“Service Providers”), to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service.
We may use third-party Service Providers to provide Customer Support to users of our Service.
- Anydesk Freshdesk is a customer support portal. For more information about Freshdesk’s commitment to GDPR and Privacy, as well as their contact and address information, please visit: https://freshdesk.com/gdpr
SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING
ASTRAIA TECHNOLOGY uses social media platforms to market to its target audience.
We may provide paid products and/or services within the Service. In that case, we use third-party services for payment processing (e.g. payment processors).
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”).
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org